1. Not setting goals: just lifting weights will not do, taking the best brand of supplements will not help. You got to have a realistic goal when training.
2. Aiming for quantity over quality: Always concentrate on the quality of your workout rather than number of times you hit a body part each week
3. Don’t train until you are sore: Know you limit and do a proper workout, killing yourself will not do any good to add muscles.
4. Overtraining: You don’t have to do what the pros do, understand your body and do an adequate amount it can cope.
5. Excessive focus on load instead of technique and form: Proper technique and form of exercise really matters, adding up load and using two or three spotters aren’t doing any good to you.
6. Too much focus on strength: You are not a weight lifter! You don’t have to be the Mr. Strong guy in the gym … This takes your workout out of the training zone and moves you to a strength training zone
7. Lack of consistency: If you are to be a bodybuilder be focused and be regular, don’t be the yo yo man who visit the gym once in a while.
8. Too much rest between sets: Don’t be the guy who starts a conversation with the gym buddy between sets or start a phone call between sets.
9. Poor eating habits: Eating anything will not help choose the right nutritious food and have proper meal times.
10. Insufficient variety: Doing the same exercises year round will not help, be creative add some variety to your workout.